Family Solicitors in Chester
family solicitors in Chester

How to Legally Change your Name

Many people come across instances where they want to change their name. This can legally be done by anyone over the age of 18.

Changing your name can usually be done quickly and at a reasonable cost. At SAS Daniels we can help you with the legal side of changing your name.

Some common reasons that people choose to change their name:

We can help you to legally change your name by using a legal document known as a ‘Change of Name Deed’. One of our solicitors will prepare this document for you and once it is properly signed and witnessed it can be used as evidence of changing your name.

The Deed can be registered at the Central Family Court, although this is not a legal requirement but it advisable if you want your new name to show on any public records.

This option is only available to adults over the age of 18. If you wish to change a child’s name, this can also be arranged but it is a more complex process as it requires the consent of all people who have parental responsibility to agree.

If you would like to discuss an issue with one of our family law solicitors, please contact us and one of our specialist team will be happy to advise you.

Contact Form

investors in people
recommended solicitors Chester
award winning solicitors Chester
Lexcel accreddited solicitors in Chester
resolution accredited solicitors in Chester
SAS Daniels LinkedinSAS Daniels Google plusSAS Daniels Twitter